ISRO to assist Development Projects in Northeast | Assam Current affairs
Assam Current affairs : In todays daily Assam Current affairs season we will discuss a recent development about the Northeast. According to Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will assist development projects in Northeast through Space Technology.
Assam Current affairs 2021
Key points : Assam Current affairs 2021
• ISRO will offering optimum utilization of Satellite Imaging and other Space Technology applications.
• These applications will be used for better accomplishment of infrastructural projects across all eight states in North Eastern Region of India.
• Six out of eight states of Northeast have already sent their specific proposals to ISRO.
• Sikkim and Assam will send their proposals soon.
• ISRO’s involvement would be first of its kind project in India, where there is an institutionalised involvement of ISRO to map and share data for developmental projects.
ISRO’s ongoing projects
ISRO is monitoring and Geo-tagging 67 projects across 221 sites in eight north-eastern states. All the projects are funded by Ministry or North Eastern Council.