Assam daily current affairs : The Assam government appointed an IPS officer, Diganta Borah, as the Secretary of the Home Department we will briefly discuss about this topic for the APSC examination prospective.
• The Assam government appointed an IPS officer, Diganta Borah, as the Secretary of the Home Department.
• Earlier, Borah was posted at the Assam Police Headquarters as the Deputy Inspector General (Administration).
• Posting police personnel, especially the Indian Police Services (IPS) officers, in civil administration is not common in practice.
Appointment of chief secretary of state :
• Chief Secretaries are members of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) who are the administrative head of state governments
• A Chief Secretary functions as the central point of interdepartmental coordination at the departmental level and is classified as being in the Apex Grade.
• Chief Secretaries are chosen by the state’s Chief Minister. State Chief Secretaries are IAS officers generally equivalent in rank to a Secretary to Government of India and are placed 23rd on Indian Order of Precedence.