Sishu Seva Achoni : In todays daily Assam Current affairs season we will discuss about recent scheme announced by the Government of Assam.
Highlights : – Assam Current affairs
• Assam chief minister, Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma has dedicated Chief Minister Sishu Seva Scheme to the service of the beneficiaries and handed over the cheques of financial assistance to few beneficiaries who lost both their parents due to COVID.
• Under the scheme an amount to the tune of Rs. 7,81,200 would be parked in the bank as fixed deposit in the name of each beneficiary.
• Monthly financial assistance of Rs. 3500 which will be realised from the fixed deposit will be given to the beneficiaries till they attain 24 years of age.
• On completion of 24 years of age, the principal amount parked as a fixed deposit against each beneficiary would be credited to their bank accounts.
Under the scheme :
• The State government would give Rs. 3500 per month per child including Central government support of Rs. 2000.
• For children below 10 years and adolescent girls with no guardian, the State government will take steps to house such children in one of the child care institutions and provide adequate funding towards their upkeep including educational expenditure.
• Orphaned adolescent girls will be given accommodation in suitable and reputed institutions to ensure their sensitive care and proper protection. One such institution is Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya residential schools.